Read Aloud Section 1, PTE Academic speaking, Tip no 1
In Read Aloud you are scored on
2. Oral Fluency
3. Word stress
Native speakers pause slightly between sense groups For example
In most countries // Eduction is not only a right // but an obligation// Parents of children// who are found outside of school// can be punished under the law. ( // represents each sense group i-e group of words which make sense independently )
2. Your pronounciation should be like native speakers
3. Stress the important words or key words in the sentence ,your voice should go loud as you speak them.
Market research is a vital part of any business.
You should stress
Read aloud , tip 2
Try to read in a natural pace , by natural I mean not very slow but fast enough like a news reporter.
Guess the pronounciation of difficult words by dividing them into chunk of small words for example
**************** 79 Plus tips*****************
For High Achievers in PTE , Remember the following.
- Try to Read fast…..Listen to the sample Answers in PTE Practice Test Plus…High scorers read it fast and at a natural rate.
- If you do a mistake , don’t go back and correct yourself, just keep going. If you repeat something , it will have a negative impact on your fluency score which in turn will lower your speaking score.
- Remember, this one is an easy section but don’t take it for granted….I believe they contribute a good proportion of marks to your speaking score.
- Do not hesitate , This applies to all speaking section.
- Don’t worry about your accent. Do not try to adapt a fake accent, this is not IELTS test. They are truly checking your English skills here.
- TAKE A BRIEF PAUSE AT FULL STOP. DON’T WORRY ABOUT COMMAS ,HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF BREATH ,TAKE A PAUSE AT COMMA.
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE ACED THE READ ALOUD SECTION OF PTE-ACADEMIC TEST.
For more examples and explanation , read the book on Scribd with a 30 day free trail. Please don’t forget to rate my book on Scribd.